Monday, May 9, 2011

The Best Bus Rides in the City

Hey, all! I thought this would be a good place to announce a leisurely project.

I've ridden a good 75% percent of the bus lines in the city. Since I did photography awhile back, I went all over the place on all sorts of lines. But I wanted to review what the best bus rides in the city are, and in order to do that, I need to ride them all.

There's a small list of bus lines I haven't tackled, so over the summer, I'm going to tackle them as best I can and photoblog it as well, if all goes well. When I've ridden them all, then I'm going to re-ride the best ones and report on those as well. Sort of a big, unique project, that's a lot less stress than the activism (don't get me wrong, that's rewarding too, but this will be a return to my more carefree roots.)

So here's a list of bus lines I've never ridden or haven't ridden much of.

16-Front Avenue/St. Johns (This is gonna be a hell of a doozy, because the bridge on Marine shut down. Therefore, I'll have to tackle this on the 16 itself and the Marine Drive shuttle.)

18-Hillside

22-Parkrose

30-Estacada ( wanna catch the express- boy that's gonna be a complicated trip but from what I hear well worth it)

38-Boones Ferry Road

45-Garden Home (I've actually ridden all of this except the Tigard portion)

46-North Hillsboro

47-Baseline/Evergreen

50-Cedar Mill

65-Marquam Hill/Barbur

84-Kelso/Boring (...yeah... good luck with that one)

89-Tanasbourne (Upper Portion)

92-South Beaverton Express

96-Tualitan/I-5

154-Willamette

So, yeah, that's the complete phase one list... this is gonna be pretty hard. But worth it! I can claim my title now! XD

Give any thoughts and ideas if so wished!

MoD

2 comments:

  1. That line 30 to Estacada is a beautiful route. That is, by far, one of my favorite bus lines I've ever ridden. You'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron, I'd missed this post. What a cool project idea. And a big one. Good luck. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete