Monday, November 1, 2010

The board meeting laydown

Featuring SELECT tweets from my tweeterboard

Whoa... Jon Hunt of the ATU just got the biggest applause at the board meeting than every other testified combined BEFORE HE SPOKE.
Ah, one of the perks of bringing a protesting crowd of 50 into a crowded room. :D

Why is it the one meeting Lehrbach, the only sane board member, misses is the one where he is really needed? <_<
Yep, his presence was missed in this meeting of half-hearted board members.

Ah, look at all the smiley faces on the TriMet board. Seriously, all of them look like they ate a roadkill skunk. -_-
Yeah, seeing all the unhappy un-bull-tolerating members wasn't pleasant for them as much as it is when we swallow the bull with a fake smile on our faces. ;)

Van Beveren has the most discriminative habit of telling SOME people to hurry up if he doesn't like them. X_x
They installed a timer Wednesday! How nice! That means if they don't like your speech, they'll interrupt you until you leave. I mean, seriously, only if it's negative, as I'll explain later.

Shirley Carter is the most sensible person asked ever to speak by the board at the board meeting.
I don't know much about the safety committee, or if it's as full of it as the TriMet board, but if Shirley Carter's a sign of the Safety board she represented, then I wish I had been there. Spoke very intelligently about the interaction of bus drivers in people, defending both sides. I was in awe.
John Charles is now urging the board to postpone the decision on some grants. Watch as the board ignores everything he says
And then

Wow! I was right!
Seriously! I'm that awesome. -_-

And as a follow up

Here come the public speakers! Heck, you know what would shock me? If TriMet took ONE Single thing they said to heart
Spoiler Alert: They Didn't. Wait, wait a second...

I may just get my wish. A public speaker is supporting the Milwaukie rail. The one thing that matters to the board. <_<
Dang it, I gotta rephrase that wish.

Wow... never thought I would say this, but I miss that grouchy George Passa-something board president. Beveren's an inconsiderate old crab!
Okay, before some huge blogging community scandal breaks out, I may have used too strong a term for Beveren. But seriously, his scowl, his discrimination and his general attitude to non-worshipping speakers drives me up the wall, the ceiling and the chandelier.

Heh, I have never felt more confident speaking to the TriMet board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhSoYsn8FH4&feature=player_embedded

(borken link) I killed it. I'm that awesome.

I hate it when people don't like all the cuts to the building of MLR when so many people are being completely screwed over by bus cuts.
Yeah, a nice lady who was nice enough to quote me in her speech unfortunately used her speech to complain about the rather insignificant cuts to Milwaukie MAX. Let's see... Cutting 6 whole bus lines in the last year or walking an extra block to a bus stop on Bybee. THIS IS NOT HARD PEOPLE.

Hey, board member. When you're doing a sigh of complaint, try not to do it into the microphone. X_x
A bit of a morbid LOL moment

'I ran into another friend of mine, this is Sandi Day.'-David Sale. I still gotta pull my jaw up! This is a guy who can forgive! Respect!
Quite possibly the best moment ever in a board meeting outside of my awesome, colorful presence. (JK)

Whoa-lee shiiiiiiiiiz... This guy has guts!
Nice way to tell TriMet to screw the timer, David Sale! :D

:) I am glad to see a special needs person speaking directly to TriMet. We need more positive.

A technically disabled but obviously very intelligent woman with a "disability" (I prefer to think of them as obstacles you can use to your advantage) praising TriMet for their easy use for handicapped people. And it may not seem like this, but even though I criticize the crap outta the board, I am a huge ally of TriMet's riders and system. It's pretty good.

Wow, Rick, nice way to let a Light Rail worshiper go as long as he wanted.
As I was saying earlier, the timer. It was red for 2 minutes while a person I do not remember the name of praised the Milwaukie Light Rail.

Lew Church is talking about sensitive subjects. Even though Lynn isn't here, I'ma duck my head to avoid gunfire.
Yeah... something about Reedville Cafe... I was too busy wincing to notice the rest.

'It is interesting when you speak to a committee and they give you blake stares.' A testifier says to a board full of blank stares.
Yep. Another dark irony brought to you by the Board of Developers.

Heh, the meeting is done. And that's not EVEN the most nervewracking thing I'm gonna be doing all day.


Yeah... no. You wish you knew. Or not.



1 comment: