Friday, September 24, 2010

Dear Uptight Ageists on Joe Rose's Hard Drive

Hi!

First off, I don't hold anything against you. Your opinion is your opinion. And so is mine. Difference? I don't attack you personally and hold any of the following against you- race, age, sexuality, or anything else touchy.

I happen to get really offended when people discriminate against ANY teenager because, well, they're teenagers. And usually, society portrays them as heartless, careless and stupid people who are no contribution to society except for alcohol and drug use and teen pregnancy.

Okay, maybe not THAT overboard but... yeah, you get where I'm coming from. So it bugs the crap out of me to hear that I'm not a good enough blogger because I'm 16. It's rather hurtful, because, heck, I can do just as well as a 30 year old blogger. (And for the record, I've never smoked, done drugs, drank or had a girlfriend. The only thing I get high off of is music and life.) Not to brag, but I do know EVERYTHING about the transit system. That's my special little Autism skill.

Yep, in case you didn't read the intro, I am Autistic. :) And I count it as one of my biggest blessings. You see, the whole reason I blog is because I, thanks to Autism, have an extremely heightened, almost unnatural, interest in TriMet.

So, now you know why I blog. Please don't EVER use my Autism against me.

And, like I said, I don't care if you disagree. Sure it bugs me when you go more over the top than parents over Katy Perry and Elmo and act like the world depends on your post (seriously, relax a little) but go ahead and disagree. I have my reasons and standpoint and you don't have to like it, but you don't have to blame it on my age or say I don't deserve to have it.

That is all.

Cameron Johnson
Transit Advocate
16 Years of Age
Autistic
Never Backing Down

No comments:

Post a Comment